Pediatric DentistLong Beach, CA
We are a pediatric dentist office in Long Beach CA. We provide comprehensive dental care so that children can stay in excellent oral health. With ongoing, regular appointments, we can identify and treat infections early so that your child can avoid feeling any discomfort or having premature tooth loss. As a kids dentist, we understand how important it is for your child to remain in good health and do our best to make that a reality.
Why Visit a Pediatric Dentist?
Many people ask why it is so important to visit a pediatric dentist, and the answer is simple – experience. While many dentists may treat children if they are not a kids dentist, they may lack the experience necessary to keep a child comfortable during their dental treatments. When treating children, it is not enough to get the job done, how it is done is equally important. At Tammy N. Tran, DDS, we understand that how a child feels during their first several dental visits, will influence how they react to dentistry throughout their lifetime. A positive experience now can set the tone for ongoing, regular dental care throughout their adult life. A negative or scary dental visit can have the opposite effect and make them not want to visit the dentist anymore. In our office, we can treat children and take active steps to ensure their emotional and physical comfort. To learn more or to schedule a dental exam, call (562) 987-0626.
We’re a Convenient Kids Dentist
Our children's dentist office is conveniently located in Long Beach. We treat children from a very young age, believing that preventative oral health care is essential for their ability to eat and speak clearly, avoid discomfort, and decrease the need for braces later on. We also know that most families have an extremely busy schedule, and it can be difficult to make a dental appointment in between school, soccer, and ballet. As a kids dentist, we will work with you to schedule appointments for a time that is convenient so that you do not have to pull the kids out of school or take too much time off work. Let us know what your scheduling restrictions are when calling our office so that we can provide you with a convenient appointment time.
Pediatric Dentistry Procedures
We offer a variety of pediatric dentistry procedures that can help your child to stay in excellent oral health. While it starts with a dental exam and teeth cleaning, this is only the beginning. As a children's dentist office, we can also complete fluoride treatments and seal the teeth when necessary. These two procedures can help to strengthen and protect teeth so that they are less likely to become infected or get a cavity. While simple and fast, these two procedures can work together or separately to prevent your child from experiencing any unnecessary dental pain that can be caused by a cavity.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Pediatric Dentist Long Beach
A Comfortable Children’s Dentist
When you get to our dental office, you will instantly see the difference. As a children's dentist office, we have designed our lobby and exam rooms to be kid friendly. You will find age appropriate books, toys and warm colors that can help your child to relax and feel at ease. We also recommend that if you live in the Long Beach area, bring your child by our office before their first dental exam. When a child is familiar with an environment, they are more likely to be relaxed and to feel safe. Stop by and say hello to our friendly office staff so that when you return to our children's dentist office for a teeth cleaning, your child will feel at ease during their appointment.
When it comes time to clean and examine their teeth, our team has the necessary skills and training to act as a pediatric dentist, that can help your child to feel comfortable during their appointment. With a friendly demeanor and conversation, we can help your child to feel right at home. We also believe in letting children set the pace so if cleaning teeth is too much for the first visit, we will start with an exam and schedule a second appointment for the actual teeth cleaning. The goal is to set a trend for lifelong oral health, and that starts with a positive experience. To schedule an appointment with our Long Beach kids' dentist office, call 562-987-0626.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Family Dental Terminology
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries is also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants are a solution of plastic material that we apply to the crown of the tooth to protect the areas within the ridges of teeth from infection.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a thorough cleaning procedure that involves preventing the spread or continued growth of periodontal disease and gingivitis.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Etchant is a gentle acid to treat the surface of a specific tooth to help the filling material stick to the tooth.
- Occlusion describes the mandibular and maxillary rows of teeth meeting when the patient bites down. If a patient does not have a healthy bite, they are struggling with malocclusion.
- An overjet is a bite orientation that results from the maxillary central incisors (top center teeth) protruding over the mandibular central incisors (bottom front teeth); this may also be known as “buck teeth” by patients.
- A periodontist is a specialist that studies and treats diseases and conditions that affect the supporting structure of teeth.
- Pregnancy Gingivitis
- Pregnancy gingivitis is gingivitis that results from the common change in hormones during pregnancy that increases blood flow to the gum tissue, increasing sensitivity, irritability and swelling in the gums.
Back to top of Pediatric Dentist
Your family dentist reiterates the importance of regular cleanings for a reason. For optimal oral health, daily oral care, and regular visits to the dental office are crucial. You may think you do an excellent job of cleaning your teeth at home, but it is hardly ever enough as regular toothbrushes cannot reach certain parts…
We all love our teeth. You brush them twice a day, floss once a day and see a dentist regularly, correct? A family dentist loves teeth, too! There is so much to understand about caring for oral health that dentistry has several categories of specialties and different kinds of dentists.The primary dentist in a person's…
It is a good idea to know which situations require the attention of an emergency dentist. Read on to learn when you should head to an emergency dentist. You can generally avoid the need to see an emergency dentist by practicing basic dental hygiene. However, sometimes, proper oral hygiene is insufficient to prevent a dental…
Thinking you are in need of emergency dentistry and the coronavirus (COVID-19) disease is forcing you to stay home? Many people who are in need of dental care wonder what they need to do, as the current COVID-19 crisis has temporarily changed all the rules. One of the more common reasons that someone would be…