The Dental Implant ProcedureLong Beach, CA
At Tammy N. Tran, DDS, we specialize in treating patients that are suffering from The Dental Implant Procedure. If you have been avoiding the dentist due to fear of what a procedure could be like or simply do not enjoy having dental work done, give us a call. In our dental office, we will do everything in our power to ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed, regardless of what procedure is being performed. When you visit our office, we will meet with you to discuss what treatments you need and create a plan for how to keep your mouth healthy while easing any fears that you have about dentistry or procedures in general. This way you will be informed and empowered to make decisions regarding dental care without experiencing any anxiety.
How can I ease my fears about dental care without medication?
When you visit our dental office, we can discuss ways that you can prevent experiencing anxiety while receiving dental care. In addition to the medication that we can provide, you can try relaxing by drinking a glass of tea. There are several natural varieties that you can purchase at the health foods store that will relax and calm you. At times, this can be enough to put you into a naturally relaxed state. Some patients also find that they benefit from meditation and acupuncture.
How can I prepare for my dentist appointment?
Another easy way to help calm your fears is to visit our dental office and meet us without having actual dental work performed. Taking the time to tour our office, where you can sit in the dentist chair and have a conversation, will allow you to become familiar with our staff and office environment. This way when you do have your teeth cleaned, and dental work performed; you are doing so in an atmosphere that you feel comfortable in with procedures being completed by friendly and familiar faces. During your consultation, we can also discuss what you can expect from a teeth cleaning or a specific procedure. This will help you to prepare mentally for how long it will take, what dental tools will be used, what you could feel during the process and what the recovery period will be, if any. At Tammy N. Tran, DDS, we have found that the more informed our patients are the more comfortable and relaxed they feel. This one appointment can help to alleviate the dental anxiety that you are experiencing.
Check out what others are saying about our implant dentistry services on Yelp: Dental Implant Procedure Long Beach
Are there other ways to make dental work more comfortable?
Yes, laser dentistry is transforming how dental procedures are being completed. When you visit our dental office, you can be confident that we will use the latest technology available to make your procedure more comfortable. Lasers allow us to do so because the laser energy is fine and can target small spaces without irritating the surrounding tissue. This reduces discomfort and the recovery time. Lasers are also less invasive than traditional dental tools which means that there is less bleeding and swelling than there would be otherwise. They can be used in treating tooth decay, gum disease, and in restorative procedures. If you want a more comfortable experience and to reduce your dental anxiety, we highly recommend visiting a laser dentistry office. To learn about the procedures that we perform using lasers, call (562) 987-0626 and schedule an appointment to speak with Tammy Tran.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Implant Terminology
- An abutment is a component that attaches to the dental implant so a professional can place a dental crown to provide patients with an artificial, aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional smile.
- Multiple replacement teeth that are fixed in place via attachment to dental implants, natural adjacent teeth, or a combination of the two.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dental Implant
- A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
- Endosteal (endosseous)
- Endosteal is a type of dental implant that a professional places in the alveolar and basal bone of the mandible that transcends only one cortical plate.
- Eposteal (subperiosteal)
- Eposteal is a type of dental implant that conforms to whichever edentulous surface of an alveolar bone is superior.
- Implant-Supported Bridge
- An implant-supported bridge is a dental bridge that professionals fix in place with the use of dental implants inserted in the jaw to create a sturdy set of artificial teeth.
- Osseointegration is the process in which a titanium dental implant fuses with the surrounding bone over several months after an oral health professional places the implant in the jaw.
- Literally "around the tooth"
- Resorption is the process in which the body absorbs the calcium from the jaw since there are no tooth roots to cause the necessary stimulation and proceeds to use the calcium in other areas.
- Transosteal (transosseous)
- Transosteal is a type of dental implant that includes threaded posts which penetrate the superior and inferior cortical bone plates of the jaw.
Back to top of The Dental Implant Procedure
Dental bonding has a variety of uses in cosmetic dentistry, and it is one of the more affordable ways to improve the appearance of a person's teeth. These treatments involve applying a putty-like composite directly to teeth being restored. These composites are color-matched with the person's real teeth so repairs made blend in.Also known as…
In general dentistry, tooth pain is a common problem that individuals deal with. Oftentimes, pain is the result of a different problem; however, the average person is not likely to be able to know what that problem is. Of course, the help of a general dentist will be required at some point. Nonetheless, it is…
If you have been embarrassed by your smile, then you may be considering orthodontics treatment. There are many orthodontic solutions out there today to help you get the smile of your dreams. No matter what your age is, there are a few tips for choosing the right treatment. Knowing more about orthodontic treatment will help…
It is a good idea to know which situations require the attention of an emergency dentist. Read on to learn when you should head to an emergency dentist. You can generally avoid the need to see an emergency dentist by practicing basic dental hygiene. However, sometimes, proper oral hygiene is insufficient to prevent a dental…